Must email Michell at firstname.lastname@example.org to register by Tuesday, August 10, 2021
Physical activity fosters normal growth and development, can reduce the risk of various chronic diseases, and can make people feel better, function better, and sleep better. Some health benefits start immediately after activity, and even short bouts of physical activity are beneficial to any age group. In this training participants will learn strategies and activities for:
- Designing active learning environments
- Developing movement skills and concepts
- Planning for repetition and variation of practice of motor skills
- Facilitating self-regulation, body management, and executive function skills
- Supporting early learning across all components of curriculum
We will use the NC FELD tool as we focus some attention on health and physical development and explore getting children engaged in active physical play indoors and outdoors.